Info for Athletes
-Registration must be completed by 12 July 2023. The registration fee must be paid before the competition. €18 / discipline.
ATHLETE PARKING: There is no separate athlete parking for competitions. We recommend athletes to park in the closest parking areas, such as Urheilutalo (Pohjolankatu 29, 53100), Myllysaari parking area (Myllysaarenpolku, 53100) or Shopping Centre Iso-Kristiina.
COMPETITION NUMBERS: Each competitor is given a race number marked with a number or a “pace” -mark, equipped with the discipline names. The number bib is attached to the sportswear with the safety pins found in the athlete’s envelope.
EQUIPMENT INSPECTION: The equipment inspection in the tent at the south end of the field and opens at 3 p.m. on the race day. In throwing sports, your own throwing equipment must be brought for inspection no later than 90 minutes before the start time of your own sport (max. 2 per athlete). Throwing equipment will be returned after the race to the inspection area.
SHOE RULE: In Lappeenranta’s Motonet GP, footwear in accordance with WA rules must be worn. For more details about the shoe rules, visit the SUL pages WA shoe rules
o World Athletics’ list of approved shoe models (6.5.22) and more specifically about the shoe rules.
o The race organizer does not require the shoes to be reported on a separate form, but if requested, the athlete must be able to identify, for example, the brand, model, place of purchase, approved changes, etc. of their shoes.
FIRST AID: First aid is located on the field on the front and back straights. In an emergency, call the emergency number 112.
DOPING TESTING: During the competition, doping tests are organized by SUEK ry. During the testing, the athlete must prove his identity with a passport or other official identity document. Also be prepared with a possible medical or other medical exemption document. Athletes will be notified of the test and will be escorted to the testing facilities from the performance location.
PREPARATION, WARM-UP PLACES
- Athletes enter the field through the Call-Room.
- Kimpinen gravel training loop, Kimpinen lower field on the north side is available for warming up for the competition, as well as the Lappeenranta Sports Hall.
- On the ground floor of Kimpinen stadium are the changing rooms and toilets. Athletes are recommended to put on the athletes’ uniforms before arriving at the competition venue, but dressing rooms can be used as well.
CONFIRMATION OF PARTICIPATION
-Domestic athletes confirm their participation electronically no later than 90 minutes before the start of their sport.
-Foreign athletes ensure their participation by applying for their number in person at the competition office.
Confirmations via the Tuloslista: https://www.tuloslista.com/varmistus/ no later than 90 minutes before the scheduled start time of the sport. Verification password: LUM23. The confirmation opportunity opens on Tuesday 18.7. Cancellations: firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE! Irrevocable absence = quadruple registration fee.
ACTION DURING THE COMPETITION
- Race schedule and starting lists Check your information and schedule carefully online, which has the latest version. Live results link closer to the race.
- On the morning of the race day, the places of the sports will be confirmed.
- Calling time can be found in the race schedule, where you must arrive in good time. Athletes’ Call in is located in the tent in front of the maintenance building, from which the sports director or a person from another sport escorts the athletes to the starting point.
- Mobile phones and other devices prohibited by the rules must be kept closed in the athlete’s bag, and their use during the competition is prohibited.
- Athletes are introduced at the performance venue either by Yle or event management through.
- After the finish line of the running events, the athletes leave through Media’s Mixed Zone, where some athletes are interviewed. The Mixed Zone is located in Kimpinen’s covered area in the tent at the south end of the main stand.
- Bar height in height jump: 190, 195, 200, 205, 209, 213, 216, 219.. (cm)